Accreditation and certification
We are affiliated with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling and are licensed with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions and the Minnesota Department of Commerce. We are also a Housiing and Urban Development (HUD) approved counseling agency and approved by the Executive Office of the United States Trustees to provide bankruptcy counseling and education programs. Our counselors are Certified Consumer Credit Counselors through the National Foundation for Credit Counseling. In addition, our counseling staff includes certifications in housing counseling, foreclosure prevention, and loss mitigation.
Established in 1912, we are one of the oldest community-based programs in the State of Wisconsin. Our staff of professionally trained and certified credit counselors will work with you in developing a workable plan for your financial problems and help you establish financial stability.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS), a division of Family Service Association of Sheboygan, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) full-service credit counseling agency, providing confidential financial assessments, financial education, budget, housing, bankruptcy, and credit/debt counseling to consumers throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota.
**Approved to issue certificates evidencing completion of a personal financial management instructional course in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of a Provider’s services.
We help people take control of their finances and establish financial stability in their lives by offering the following services:
- Confidential financial assessments
- Budget counseling
- Debt and credit counseling
- Debt management programs
- Bankruptcy counseling and education**
- Housing counseling including foreclosure and loss mitigation services
- Pre- and Post-purchase housing counseling and education
- Financial education
- Corporate financial wellness programs for employees
- A United Way Agency
- Affiliated with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC)
- Regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions
- Accredited through the Council on Accreditation
- Approved as a housing counseling agency through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)