The availability and accessibility to reliable transportation has been identified as a major workforce issue in many of our communities. Consumer Credit Counseling Service along with our partners want to help those who want to work secure reliable transportation that they can afford, and in the process improve their credit ratings.
The Wheels Program also provides to participants:
- Education on the responsibilities of car ownership and maintenance.
- Budgeting and assistance to establish financial security in their lives.
- Access to financing that might not otherwise be available.
To qualify for the Wheels Program applicants must:
- Be a resident of the State of Wisconsin.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Have no repossessions.
- Have six months of stable living and employment.
- Not have any major driving violations in the past 12 months. (CCAP)
- Complete an application and provide income verification for all members of the household.
- Meet with a Program Representative with Consumer Credit Counseling Service to create a budget and demonstrate appropriate disposable income to make monthly payments in addition to living expenses.
- Exhibit the ability to repay the loan as well as maintain insurance and scheduled vehicle maintenance.
- Take an educational course and pass a test regarding the responsibilities of vehicle ownership.
- Maintain on time monthly payments for the duration of the loan.
- Provide scheduled maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle.
- Obtain and maintain auto insurance coverage including comprehensive and collision coverage in compliance with any loan.
- Complete a survey at 30, 60 and 180 days, as well as every six months after, until the loan is paid and the purchase of the vehicle is complete. The participant agrees to provide all requested information in a timely manner.
- Agree to contact the lender or their representative if there is any lapse in employment status or the possibility of missing a loan payment.
Participation in this program does not guarantee the ability to purchase a vehicle. Individuals still need to meet financial institution guidelines. Call us at 800-350-2227 for details!