Lakeshore & Coulee Wheels Program
- Is your credit score 580 or less?
- Do you have a valid Driver’s Licenses?
- Can you provide proof of insurability?
If you answered “Yes” to all three questions, we can help!
- To provide individuals with reliable transportation.
- To allow access to financing that might not otherwise be available to individuals for the purchase of reliable transportation.
- To help individuals learn the responsibilities of car ownership and maintenance.
- To help individuals learn how to budget and assist them with establishing financial stability in their lives.
- To help individuals develop a positive credit history.
Participation in this program does not guarantee the ability to purchase a vehicle. Individuals still need to meet financial institutions guidelines. Call us at 800-350-2227 for details!
To qualify for the Lakeshore & Coulee Wheels Program the applicant must:
- Be a resident of the State of Wisconsin.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Not have any major driving violations in the past 12 months. (CCAP)
- Complete an application and provide income verification for all members of the household.
- Meet with a Program Representative with Consumer Credit Counseling Service to create a budget and demonstrate appropriate disposable income to make monthly payments in addition to living expenses.
- Exhibit the ability to repay the loan as well as maintain insurance and scheduled vehicle maintenance.
- Take an educational course and pass a test regarding the responsibilities of vehicle ownership.
- Maintain monthly payments on time for the duration of the loan.
- Provide scheduled maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle.
- Obtain and maintain auto insurance coverage including comprehensive and collision coverage in compliance with any loan.
- Complete surveys regarding the effectiveness and outcomes of the program. The participant will be contacted at 30 days, 60 days, 180 days and every six months after until the loan is paid after the purchase of a vehicle to complete these surveys. The participant agrees to provide all requested information in a timely manner.
- Agree to contact the lender or their representative if there is any lapse in employment status or the possibility of missing a loan payment.