Home » Advocacy » Representative Payee

Representative Payee

Advocacy Programs is recognized by both Social Security and the Veterans Administration to help individuals who are required to have a payee to manage their monthly income and pay their bills. Annual accountings are required by both agencies. Payee services are also offered on a voluntary basis and can include managing other sources of income.

We will:

    • Prepare a monthly spending plan
      We will work with you to develop a monthly spending plan based on your income. We will work with you to meet your monthly expenses.


    • Handle payment of expenses
      We will deposit or transfer your funds in to the Representative Payee Trust Account to pay your monthly expenses with priorities given to housing, utilities, food, and personal needs. You will then receive a personal needs allowance at intervals mutually agreed upon.


  • Work with Social Security and the Veterans Administration
    We can assist in filing all necessary reports required by the Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration and/or county agencies. Annual reporting will be completed in consistency with required regulations.

Your responsibilities:

  • Keep all appointments
  • Provide complete information about your income and expenses
  • Follow through on referrals for supportive and financial service
  • Notify us of any changes in:
    • Income
    • Marital status
    • Address
    • Expenses
    • Food stamps
    • Other assistance
  • Do not take on any new credit, loans, or other obligations without discussing them with us first.

Quick Links

[menu name="19"]